Horse health is one the most widely researched and sought out part of the horse industry- both by professionals and owners. New technology and innovative health techniques are always on the rise. Equi-SMART is presenting to you a beneficial, safe method for improving lung and air-path health. Having a clear air-path is a vital part of any horse’s overall health, and is an important preventative and maintenance aspect of horse care.
The Nortev Flexineb is an equine inhalation mask, without the standard compressor, hoses, wires and typical inconveniences of old horse nebulizers. This revolutionary equine nebulizer operates from a rechargeable battery, has a blue, pink or green flexible mask interface and generates ideal particles (70% in 2-5micron range) which enables the aerosol solution to penetrate deep into the lower part of the horse’s lungs.
Single treatments: $20
(travel may apply)
Unit price: $1199
*payment plans available*
Flexineb can be used to deliver:
- Antibiotics, for infection in your horse’s lungs.
- Bronchodilators, to open your horse’s airways
- Corticosteroids, to treat your horse’s inflamed airways
- Natural Solutions such as Balsamic Air, Saline, Eucalyptus, Nebulin and Silver Compounds
Flexineb can the following health conditions:
- Recurrent Airway Obstruction (RAO) (Heaves)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Inflammatory Airway Disease (IAD)
- Exercise-Induced Pulmonary Haemorrhage (EIPH)
- Seasonal allergies
- Coughs, colds, and other “temporary” illnesses
- Sinus infections
While typical treatments normally include administered drugs (via injection or orally), Flexineb can deliver certain drugs via inhalation to increase the effect, or can even reduce or eliminate the need for drugs altogether.
Flexineb can also be used for horses without medical problems. Practical uses include:
- Pre-race or pre-competition
- Prepare your horse to be successful by cleansing their respiratory system and giving their body the best chance possible to perform to its utmost abilities
- Post-race or post-competition
- Speed up the healing process from exposure to strenuous work or a change in environment
- Before and after trailer rides
- Airways commonly become affected by having the head tied up, especially if the horse is consuming hay
- If low-quality hay is consumed or suspected
- Mould spores entering the airways is a very common way to onset respiratory infections and diseases
- Living in a badly ventilated stable
- Dust, ammonia and mold spores are just some harmful molecules manifesting in low-ventilation housing situations that greatly affect your horse’s breathing capacity and efficiency
- After a massage
- As muscles are relaxed and released, the lymphatic system begins to rid the body of toxins. This commonly happens through the nostrils via mucus. Flexineb can help clean out the horse’s respiratory tract to avoid congestion
Flexineb is most commonly used with saline.
Other drugs that can be nebulized by this unit are:
- 0.9% Saline Solution
- Balsamic Air
- Silver Compounds
Interested in learning more about the nebulizer? Sign up for more information below and be entered for the chance to win a free single treatment
Photos of the Flexineb Nebulizer in use: